Thursday, July 18, 2013

Girls Birthday Dresses are the only Gifts We Gave this Year.

My daughter is in elementary school, and I swear, she gets invited to dozens of parties every year.  That's not to say that she's hugely popular or anything.  She's just average in popularity.  But you know how it goes these days.  Parents are very conscious about not excluding anyone, so half the time, the entire classroom is invited to a birthday party.  Throw in her gymnastics class and music friends... that adds up to a lot of presents we have to give.  So I just made it very easy on myself.  Instead of shopping around for thousands of different gifts, I decided that this year, we were going to give out girls birthday dresses like this one.  Birthday dresses are easy, they are fun, casual, and can be worn to lots of occasions.  They make the lucky girl who's wearing it feel special, pretty, and funky.  So the next logical question was, where are we going to get all of these girls birthday dresses.  I mean, we didn't want to give out some that were prettier than others.  That would be playing favorites. So we did some research online and this is what we discovered.


There are lots of website that sell birthday dresses for girls, but a lot of them sell inferior clothing that's just going to fall apart after one wash.  That's not the kind of gift giver I want to be.   I don't know what the deal is.  Maybe these dresses are manufactured overseas where they don't pay sewers a lot of money, but it ain't for me.  We were able to find one site that manufactures all of their birthday dresses in America.  Can you believe it?  It's called TwirlyGirl and I urge you to check them out.  It's a small little company, but they have such a great selection of unique dresses.  Each dress is made in a limited run.  This was important to me because it makes the present more special. The girl who gets it is not likely to see any other girls wearing the same exact dress.  You know how humiliating that is?  That's why stars don't do it on the red carpet.  To me, this gives each birthday dress a one-of-a-kind appeal.  Let's be honest, I'm kind of taking the lazy way out here, but by shopping at TwirlyGirl, no one else is going to know that.  Each girls dress practically looks custom made, so it looks very special, in my opinion.



Here's a link to the TwirlyGirl website just in case you are confronted with the same motherly problems that I am.  Poke around.  I also like the fact that they gift wrap all of their dresses for free.  The wrap it up in fabric, then tie off the ends like it's a piece of candy.  It really is so sweat.  Talk about making all of my headaches go away.  LOL!  Makes me wish I owned stock in this company.

1 comment: