Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Means Maxi Dresses are Out and About!

Summer means many things to different people.  To kids, it's no school or homework.  This has been replaced by camp, barbecues, swimming, sleep overs, camping, and backyard fun!  We live in a cold weather state, so for our girls it's a chance to break out the warm weather clothing.  Dresses that have been hanging tantalizingly in their closets can finally be brought out and warn.  My nine year old girl has a one dress in particular that she could not wait to wear around town: this maxi dress seen here.  Maxi dresses are a fun and popular fashion from the 1970s, and fortunately for out sake, they are back in vogue.

My daughter absolutely adores how she feels in her maxi dress for girls.  She spins and twirls and struts with renewed confidence.  She says it makes her feel sophisticated and unique, and makes her channel her inner Farrah Fawcett, even though she doesn't really know who that is.  She first fell in love with maxis when she was looking at old photos of me in my younger days.  The child's dad says I was quite the stunner back in my day, to which I say, "Hey, I still am!"  So when my child saw that dress on me, she insisted that she get one for herself.  Easier said than done.  But thanks to the internet, there really isn't anything you can't find these days.  So we did a Google search for "Girls maxi dress" and came up with a bunch of sites.  But one really caught our eye.  It's called TwirlyGirl, and they have a great selection of dresses that are all made right here in the USA.  How rare is that these days?  You can't even find Apple Pie made in America, it seems!



So we toured their website and my girl was immediately faced with a huge problem:  she went on there to buy a maxi dress, but fell in love with a bunch of other styles and now she didn't know how to choose.  Seriously, this became a source of great anxiety for the girl.  Oh, to have the problems of a 9 yr old!  But I made it easy for her.  I told the kid we would buy a maxi dress for girls for this summer, so that she could wear it and enjoy it immediately.  And we would return to buy some other dresses when the birthday rolled around, and even for Christmas.  This worked out in my favor because I noticed that TwirlyGirl has a "birthday club" that you can enjoy for free.  You just put your name on a mailing list, and when your girl's special day rolls around, they send you a coupon for 10% off.  Boom!  I'm already saving money.


Go check out TwirlyGirl's website.  They really are a great source for maxi dresses as well as skirts, tops, pants, and leggings.  It's a great clothing line for kids.  Just press this and you'll directed to their online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment