Saturday, July 20, 2013

Child Wearing Girls Maxi Dress Shows up Adults in Aerobics Class

Three times a week, I drag my flabby but to the aerobics class at the local gym.  It's mostly filled with middle aged women like myself who are trying to get back the body they think they had, but really never did.  We throw on our workout clothes, fill our water bottles, and proceed to act like lunatics for 45 minutes, thinking that will reverse the damage of years of bodily neglect.  Bummer huh?   It gets worse.  Just as I thought I was finally improving my fitness level after three straight months, I was shown up by a first timer.  Why is this so humiliating?  Because was a ten year old girl.  And she didn't stretch or warm up.  She wasn't even dressed right.  She was wearing a girls maxi dress like this kind.  Maxi dresses are cute, fun, and fashion forward.  But they belong on the beach, or at a party.  Not at a freaking cardio class!!

So while all of us gals were huffing and puffing, barely keeping up with the hot instructor who I would like to strangle, the girl in the maxi dress was prancing and dancing, barely out of breath.  I mean, she was singing while exercising.  The rest of us were too winded to even talk.   This went on throughout the whole class.  While we were doing jacks, ab work, jump knee tucks.... everything.  We were struggling, and the kid wearing the maxi dress for girls was breezing right through it. I don't know if this can be attributed to youth, or fantastic super human genetics.  Or maybe the girls maxi dress simply gave the kid superpowers.  Whatever the case, I think all of us kind of resented this kid.

When I got home, I told my family about this child.  And the only thing the really wanted to know was more about the dress!  The even made me doing an internet search for girls maxi dress so that I could show them a picture.  Unbelievable.  Where's the compassion and humanity?  Why am I the only one outraged and jealous and bitter.  Maybe it's because as I grow older and my body starts to sag and fall about, it angers me.  But at least I'll say this for the maxi girl:  she's enjoying her age to the fullest!






Whatever.  I suppose you want to know more about the maxi dress for girls as well.  If this is the case, click here and you can read all about it here.  To your heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment