Friday, October 4, 2013

Son Wears Lucky Girls Maxi Dress while Playing Video Games

I have two children.  A boy and a girl.  Both are pretty weird.  My daughter likes to walk around the house on her hands.  All the time.  Up and down the stairs, even.  It's enough to give me a heart attack.  My son loves video games.  He's also very superstitious.  Lately, he decided that the girls maxi dress (photo) that my girl wears brings him lots of luck while at the videogame console.  So much, in fact, that he insists on wearing it when he's playing in a tournament or against a big competitor.  Yes, I find this behavior to be odd, and a little troubling.  But the worst part is how my girl reactions.  She wants the maxi dress back, and I can't say I blame the child.



Things finally boiled over last weekend when the kid refused to take off the maxi dress for girls, no matter how much we begged and pleaded.  I even offered to bribe the kid, which is something I thought I would never do!  I threatened to ground him even.  Aside from citing superstition, the kid said the dresses were super comfortable and soft.  That much is true, according to my girl.  She started to scream and cry, so finally I decided I would just buy the girl a brand new maxi dress from her favorite brand, TwirlyGirl.  Actually, TwirlyGirl now seems to be both my children's favorite brand, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, we fired up the computer and logged onto their website to search their collection of girls maxi dresses.  They really have a great selection of super cute dresses.  She picked out one, and when she showed my boy a photo of it, he became very jealous.  That's his problem, though.  I did warn my daughter that she should keep the new maxi dress under lock and key in case the brother got any wild ideas about stealing it.

The dress for girls arrived a few days later, and she was very pleased with the selection she made.  Hopefully, our family shrink can make sense of this whole thing.  I scheduled an extra long session over the weekend so that we, as a family, can talk about our obsession with the girls maxi dress.  This is a link to the TwirlyGirl homepage in case you want to see what the fuss is all about.  Once you see a picture or two, I think you'll get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment