Friday, May 24, 2013

My daughter's fascination with girls capri leggings


It's so funny to look at artwork that four year olds draw.  I'm always fascinated by the way they perceive the world.  If you notice, when they draw people their feet rarely touch the ground.   Theyr'e usually floating in the air, or drifting into outer space.  But when I analyzed the drawings that my little Katie did on the first day of school, I was really struck by what she sketched.  I think it was supposed to be a picture of her older sister.  I mean, it certainly looked like a girl, and her character was dressed the way my older girl wears her clothes.  That is to say, the girl seemed to be wearing capri leggings.  How do I know?  Well, they didn't seem to be pants, and they were only 3/4 length and they were striped.  You see, my older child love to wear capri leggings.  She almost never takes them off.  But that's another story.

She says that capri leggings, like those here, are perfect for any occasion.  She even likes to wear them to sleep because they are so soft and comfy.  But more often than not, she puts them underneath her skirts and dresses on days that are a little cold.  Half the time she wears them with sneakers, because the capri slash sneaker look is uber-funky, as she so often says.  Who raises these kids?  LOL!  Certainly not that deadbeat of a husband I thought I loved for about five minutes.  Have fun with your brain dead girlfriend, Luther!  But I digress.



My girl wears capris everywhere.  It's like her security blanket, I guess.  The cool thing is, she seems to have started a trend with some close friends, because now all the girls  seem to be wearing.  Of course, my oldest would never brag or even admit it.  She's far too good of a friend.  Not at all the Queen Bee type.  In fact, she bought a few friends some capri leggings since they didn't have any of their own, and we got a really good deal on them.  And even though they all kind of go together, none of them are perfect matches.  That would be so weird.  This way, each girl gets to feel unique about the leggings they wear.  We did that by shopping for different styles on the same site.  We found a great website with tons of variety and super soft clothes and gave them away as party favors for the last birthday.  I love sharing online stores with other moms.  And dads.  I don't discriminate.  So here's a link if you feel like checking out their leggings.  Or any of the other clothes they have.  http://www.twirlygirlshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment