Sunday, November 3, 2013

Energy Bar gets smushed on girls capri leggings

We have a household full of budding athletes and kids on the go.  It seems we are always running from one place to another, without a second to lose.  That means we have to grab many of our meals to go.  I refuse to have the children eat fast food, so we rely heavily on energy bars to snack on while they are at chess tournaments, football and soccer games, and mathletes competitions.  Unfortunately, some of these power foods can get a little janky when left in the heat of our parked car.  Such was the case a few weeks ago when my daughter left some girls capri leggings (similar to this kind) on top of the snack item.  When she returned to the minivan, the food product was smeared all over the capri leggings for girls.  This was highly problematic for my my neat freak kid.  She goes crazy when so much as a crumb touches the hem of a dress she's wearing, so say nothing of almond butter all over the capri leggings.  She freaked out, and started screaming and crying.  She was totally inconsolable.  This child is a real drama queen... just like the father.



We tried scrubbing the leggings with harsh detergents and cleansers, but the cashews were really ground into the fabric.  They were beyond ruined.  Our next plan was to buy some new capri leggings for girls at the local boutique, but because it was sunday, everything was closed.  So plan C involved our old friend the internet.   We performed a google search for girls capri leggings and were pleasantly surprised by the number of website that were offering this unique style.  We clicked on a bunch, but frankly, we were a little underwhelmed by some of them. So we went a little further down the list until we stumbled across a great little website called TwirlyGirl.

TwirlyGirl had a totally cool and fresh selection of capri leggings for girls.  Honestly, we were all stunned by how fun and funky everything was.  My daughter's eyes became as big as saucers. And to tell you the truth, it made me wish I was that age again.  Unfortunately for me, back in the 1980s, clothes were not nearly as creative and unique.  Of course, this was long before the age of the world wide web, which has brought so many terrific products to the world.  There's just so much more choice these days, don't you agree?


When the girls leggings arrived at our home, everyone was thrilled with the quality and craftsmanship of the garment.  Yes, it cost a little more than the cheap foreign made junk at the big box department stores.  But this brand sews all of their clothes in the USA.  Yes, I expect to pay some more.  It's not a big deal.  This is how I sleep at night knowing that an American was paid a fair wage to make clothing for my girls, instead of exploiting some overseas worker.  This link will take you straight to the TwirlyGirl homepage.  I don't ordinarily plug businesses on my blog, but when I find one that I like, then I have no issue with giving them a shout out if it's going to help connect my readers with a well made item.  www.twirlygirlshop.comhttp://www.twirlygirlshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment